Saturday, August 22, 2026
Is Choosing Myself Selfish? Posted at August 22, 2026 0 comments (+)

I’m planning to go to Japan, probably on a solo trip. Let’s see if there will be a friend available to tag along. This dream has been a personal goal of mine since I was a child, and I feel like it’s long overdue for me to finally make it happen.

I have a close friend, and I understand where she’s coming from when she says that I should plan my trip with my mom instead. I had asked her about their trip to Vietnam because I’m also considering travelling with my mom for at least a few days during my annual holiday back home.

As much as I want to prioritize that and spend more time with my mom, budget-wise, it would be challenging for me. At the same time, I can’t help but feel that going to Japan instead might be a selfish thing to do.

But then again, I also understand my friend’s point of view. We never really know how much time we have, and maybe I should spend more time with my mom while I can.

Still, does wanting to do something for myself make me a selfish person? Does choosing to pursue something I’ve dreamed about for years make me a bad person?

All I want is to enjoy life to breathe away from the stress, work, people, and problems. I just want to unwind, experience something new, and give myself a chance to be happy.

Maybe this is something I need to think about more.

But anyway, most likely, I’ll still be travelling to Japan.

 

Labels: ,

All rights reserved your blog
HOME | OLDER ENTRIES ▶


About


Constantly evolving and embracing the journey of self-discovery


GILBERT S.P

I'm on a quest to explore the intricate tapestry of life, both within and beyond myself

Location: Maldives

My world of ramblings as well as my life journal. I'm not perfect, so please be patient with me

any sort of website counter
count on you :)

More Rant, Click the link below
Dialy Ramblings

Beyond the realm of my own experiences, I'm an eager explorer of the world through my eyes



etcetera

BLOGS NG PINOY
Credits
Layout by GSP with script, background and image.